British car day at Gingin
British Car Day, Gingin.
Sunday May 15th, 0900 a.m.
Blow out the cobwebs with a run via Bindoon to Gingin where we will descend on the annual British Car Day just before lunch. Food outlets are aplenty, or bring your own picnic/barbecue, and there will be much to see and do. We again have allocated parking.
0900 a.m. Meet at Stirling Square, Guildford for a departure shortly thereafter.
We shall drive via Bullsbrook and the Chittering Valley to Bindoon for a morning tea break. Then cross-country on to Gingin.
See you on the 15th! Richard Peirce (0411 245772).
- Depart car park at Stirling Square, Guildford. (all distances courtesy of Google Maps 🙂
- Left onto Meadow St. (Route 52). Continue north into the Swan Valley for – 15.3km
As you cross the Swan River, Meadow St. becomes West Swan Valley Rd.
- Left into Great Northern Hwy (Route 1/95). Continue for – 12.9km
- Right into Chittering Rd. (Tourist Drive 359). Continue for – 19.2km
- Continue Right on Chittering Rd. (Muchea East Rd. joins from the left.) Continue for – 28km
- Right onto Great Northern Hwy (Route1/95). Continue for – 6.6km.
Bindoon Bakery is on the left at the far end of the township.
Stop for morning tea and re-group.
- Continue north on Great Northern Hwy. for – 4.5km
- Left into Bindoon – Moora Rd. (Route 116). Continue for – 4.2km
- Left into Mooliabeenee Rd. Continue for – 16.3km
- Right into Old Mooliabeenee Rd. to Gingin. Continue for – 1.6km
- Right at the T-junction into Weld St. You are now in Gingin. Continue across railway line for approximately – 250m
- Destination Car Park is at the front of the church on your right, on the corner of Church St.
Total: 101.65km Good luck!